There is so much sh*t people don’t tell you regarding pregnancy. Sometimes they don’t tell you because they don’t want to scare you, and sometimes they just want to see you figure it out on your own. I have decided there is a fine line as veteran Momma’s we have to walk when talking to the first time expecting Mommas. For the love of GOD can we please tell women when their milk comes in after birth it HURTS? No one told me that, and I was completely shocked. Here is what I have figured out to be the differences with first pregnancy vs second pregnancy.
- Everyone is constantly trying to help you.
- People check to make sure you are alright, constantly.
- Every milestone is a huge accomplishment.
- Every time something feels “weird” you are worried something is wrong.
- Nursery decorating is beyond exciting.
- The baby “To-Do” list is met with joy.
- Ignorance is bliss regarding labor and delivery.
- Ignorance is bliss regarding feeding the baby, breast or bottle.
- People except you know what you are doing, so don’t expect help.
- They know you are alright, so why even ask?
- You forget the milestones because your are busy.
- You know what Round Ligament pains are, so you don’t dress.
- Decorating is a chore, and expensive.
- You know what to expect for delivery.
- Your nipples are already bleeding in anticipation.
“I have been pregnant before, I will know what to expect?” I was stupid and wrong.
I am still new at this whole second pregnancy thing, and my lord was I cocky going into this pregnancy. My first pregnancy vs second pregnancy differences has been totally bonkers. With Baby Bear, I didn’t get morning sickness at all. With this one, I had to vomit before I could write this post. Not to be too graphic, but I didn’t expect this at all. I thought, “I have been pregnant before, I will know what to expect?” I was stupid and wrong. What have been your differences between pregnancies?