Becoming a Mom is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I have never been so excited to be so tired. It gets too easy to forget that I am a human as well as a walking, talking, sometimes showered milk truck. It is super important to take care of yourself too, these are my momma must have’s that have nothing to do with baby.
- Almond Oil – I know everyone swears by their coconut oil, but this did nothing for my stretch marks! Almond oil worked wonders for me, and then later I put it on the stretch marks on my breasts because it is not harmful to my baby. DISCLAIMER – I asked my pediatrician first before I did this to make sure it was safe for Baby Bear.
- Roomba – I don’t always have time to vacuum but I do always want my floors to be dog hair free! I scheduled the Roomba to run at 9 AM every day so I don’t have to think about it and Baby Bear isn’t covered in dog hair when he does tummy time.
- Daily Burn – This is an app that is on my phone and allows me to do workouts whenever I want and at whatever level I want. It is great because it helps me feel good about myself and I think that is very important for all Momma’s!
- Love Your Melon Hat – Somedays you just don’t want to do your hair, and these hats are both cute and have an AMAZING cause!
- Hydroflask – With the straw, this thing is literally amazing. We are constantly being told we need to drink more water, and this water bottle makes it so much easier because it keeps the water cold.
- Instantpot – Have you ever planned dinner, but forgot to take the meat out of the freezer? Papa Bear will tell you, I do this all the time! The Instant Pot makes it so I can go from frozen chicken to cooked chicken in 30 minutes!
- CrocPot – Everyone told me that when I got the Instantpot that I wouldn’t love my CrocPot, not true. I still prefer my roast in a CrocPot and I like soup better in the CrocPot so it is still one of my all-time favorite things. Plus I like to put all the ingredients in the CrockPot in the morning, go to work, and come home to an amazing smelling house.
- Pink Himalayan Epson Salts – If you have ever had a clogged duct, you know they are terrible and incredibly inconvenient. Baby Bear is not even three months old yet and I have had four so far. Along with all the other amazing tips out there, I find a bath with these Epson salts is amazing. I get on my side and hand express until the water is too cold to stand it anymore. PLUS sometimes Momma just needs a bath!
- Slip-On Shoes – No surprise here, slip-on shoes are part of my Mom uniform. Ain’t nobody got time to tie their shoes!
- Amazon Prime – Middle of the night feedings have reminded me we need paper towels more than once. This helps me to still feel like I can do all the things I need to, without being dog tired anymore. I can’t tell you how many times Papa Bear has opened a package from Amazon saying “Oh good we needed this!” which is perfect for the times when I impulse purchase yet another cute baby outfit set.
- Grocery Shopping Clicklist – We shop at the Kroger grocery stores – think Dillons, King Soopers or City Market and they have this amazing service called Clicklist. I go through their app and apply all the coupons I want while I am making my grocery list. Then, I say when I want to pick the groceries up and they are ready to go! I put in special instructions on my produce which help, but this service is incredible. It is $5 per trip which is nothing because I don’t have to get Baby Bear out of the car, and I usually save money by not impulse purchasing an extra bar of dark chocolate!
- Costco Membership – Truth be told, we don’t need to buy everything in bulk. There are only three of us in the house and one of us is pint-sized so it is not beneficial for us to buy 10 loaves of bread at a time. With that said, there are a few items that are Costco musts for our family. There are bars at Costco that are grain-free and just delicious, I have two in my diaper bag at any given time because no one told me my hunger while breastfeeding would rival that of a teenager. We also buy PB2 and black bean burgers to have in the freezer and pantry for when we need to make a quick meal. Let me just clarify – we are big meat eaters in our house so if we like the black bean burgers that means they are really good. I just pop them in the microwave when I don’t have time to make a proper meal, and I am good to go. I feel better eating these then the other junk food options at the house.
What are the items you found on your Momma must have list?