I am officially in my third trimester and Baby Bear is making it known I am no longer in control, in any aspect of my life. I was that annoying pregnant person who bragged about how well I slept, and how I didn’t get that bad of morning sickness – people probably hated me. It has all come back to bite me in my oversized ass this last trimester. I have however refused to give up my last few months I have to sleep so I have discovered a few things that work to get both me and Baby Bear back to sleep. These are my tips on sleeping in the third trimester.
- Sleep with a pillow between your legs.
- Put lavender essential oil on the bottom of your feet.
- Stop screentime at least 30 minutes before you want to go to sleep.
- Do some prenatal yoga – this is the BEST!
- Cool down, sleeping while hot is an absolute pass for this Momma Bear.
These are the things that work best for me, but everyone is different! Try to remember that even though this is an uncomfortable time, you are doing an amazing job and soon you will have a little Baby Bear. I know a few other Momma Bear’s who swear by the maternity pillow, but for me, I just get too hot so I decided it was not for me.
All my fellow Momma’s out there, how did you sleep in your third trimester?